Session 7 – Discernment
Topics: Examen, Desolation and Consolation, Appraising Decisions, Gut Decisions and Over-thinking
Reflection Questions for Journaling:
- How might I make better decisions?
- How much balance do I practice when making decisions in terms of reliance on thinking (head) and feeling (heart and soul)?
- How do I feel when I make decisions while in desolation?
- How do I feel when I make decisions while in consolation?
- What keeps me from waiting until my heart and soul is experiencing consolation to make a decision? How do I experience making or wanting to make “gut” decisions?
- How might my regular spiritual practices make a difference in my decision making?